Sharing a Chair
No Bake Christmas : Reindeer Pops
There is so much cooking to be done at Christmas that thinking about baking and making sweet treats from scratch too can be so overwhelming. I've got a couple of treats that people always enjoy at Christmas time in our house and they do not require any baking AT ALL. All you have to do is decorate, and that's the fun part anyway, right?
In today's blog I am going to show you how to make these very cute Reindeer Pops. They are in fact, chocolate covered Oreos!
- Pack of double stuffed Oreos (or normal if unavailable).
- 200-300g Milk Chocolate
- White chocolate drops
- Pretzels (sticks or small original)
- Lollipop sticks (or if you don't have double stuffed Oreos then use cocktail sticks)
- Break all your chocolate into squares and place in a microwavable bowl. Heat on full power for 30 secs. Take the chocolate out and stir, then repeat for 30 sec intervals until completely melted.
- Lay out baking paper on a baking tray or plate. Put cocktail or lolly sticks in the cream layer of your Oreo - between the two biscuit layers.
- Holding your biscuit by the stick dip it into the melted chocolate and move around gently until the whole biscuit is covered. Once coated, place it onto the baking paper and repeat until all oreos are covered.
- Whilst the chocolate is still warm and runny, place two white chocolate drops for the eyes and a Smartie for the nose on each of your biscuits.
- If you are using curly pretzels you will need to cut them in half to create the antlers, or you can use pretzel sticks like I have. Dip the end of your pretzels in the bowl of melted chocolate to act as a glue and attach to the top of the biscuit.
- For a finishing touch, use a spare cocktail stick and dip it into the bowl of melted chocolate. Use the chocolate covered tip to put a dot on each of the white chocolate drops to create eyes.
- All that's left to do now is pop your tray or plate of Chocolate Reindeer Pops in the fridge for the chocolate to harden. When it's done it should look something like the picture below. Then it's time to put out for your guests (or not!) If you can get hold of some Oasis (floral foam) the lollipops will look great displayed upright and you could add ribbon and a few flowers to hide the foam.